So you’re moving to the San Diego area. Welcome! We look forward to calling you ‘neighbor.’ At Richard Realty we know you have a lot of questions about school districts if you have kids. Thankfully, we have fantastic schools in the San Diego area, as recognized by the US Department of Education. The DOE ranks schools according to state test scores, college readiness, graduation rates, SAT/ACT scores, teacher quality and public school district ratings. We wanted to give you the website for a more detailed look at each school:
In the meantime, we’ll give you some insight into San Diego area public schools.
Let’s start with the highest rankings for Elementary Schools in the San Diego area. The community of Poway has the lion’s share of the top performers. These are the Top 10 schools, in ranking order, who are considered A+ schools. This information is provided by niche.com. All of these Top 10 schools are in the community of Poway.
- Willow Grove Elementary School: 765 students with a 25:1 Student/Teacher Ratio
- Deer Canyon Elementary School: 533 students with a 25:1 Student/Teacher Ratio
- Stone Ranch Elementary School: 990 students with a 25:1 Student/Teacher Radio
- Las Penasquitos Elementary School: 539 students with a 26:1 Student/Teacher Ratio
- Del Sur Elementary School: 573 students with a 26:1 Student/Teacher Ratio
- Creekside Elementary School: 573 students with a 28:1 Student/Teacher Ratio
- Adobe Bluffs Elementary School: 372 with a 24:1 Student/Teacher Ratio
- Park Village Elementary School: 652 students with a 25:1 Student/Teacher Ratio
- Westwood Elementary School: 798 students with a 26:1 Student/Teacher Ratio
- Monterey Ridge Elementary School: 1040 students with a 27:1 Student/Teacher Ratio
As to the top ranking high schools in the San Diego area, it is split between San Dieguito Union High School District, Poway Unified School District, Coronado Unified School District, Vista Unified School District, and the San Diego Unified School District.
In order, the Top 10 according to niche.com:
- Canyon Crest Academy in San Dieguito with 1991 students and a S/T Ratio of 25:1
- Torrey Pines High School in San Dieguito with 2752 students at a S/T Ratio of 25:1
- Westview High School in Poway with 2283 students and a S/T Ratio of 40:1
- Del Norte High School in Poway with 1933 students and a S/T Ratio of 30:1
- Coronado High School in Coronado S.D, with 1193 students and a S/T Ratio of 21:1
- San Dieguito High Academy in San Dieguito with 1640 students and S/T Ratio of 24:1
- Rancho Bernardo High School in Poway with 2183 students and a S/T Ratio of 27:1
- Mt. Carmel High School in Poway with 2014 students and a S/T Ratio of 42:1
- Mission Vista High School in Vista USC with 1569 students and a S/T Ratio of 21:1
- University City High School in San Diego USC with 1758 students, S/T Ratio of 28:1
If you are moving to our wonderful city with school-aged children, we know you need the best information to get you in the right house, and your children in the best school district for their needs. Let our team help you find the perfect combination: hey, we want an A+ from our homebuyers!
Published on 2018-01-25 00:55:47